Our Expert View
Take control of your birth plan with the TensCare Perfect Mama+. Using Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), this device blocks pain signals to the brain and triggers the release of endorphins as a natural alternative to medication.
It's a simple to use and wearable device, allowing you to track your progress and boost pain relief on your own terms during contractions and active labour.
What's more, you can also use your Perfect Mama+ in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy as well as post-partum to ease pain following a caesarean, perineal tear or episiotomy.
- TENSCare Perfect Mama+
- Set of batteries
- Neck cord
- Detachable belt clip
- Electrode pads for the back
- Electrode pads for the nipples
- Storage Pouch
- Instruction Manual
Effective, personalised pain relief
Our most advanced maternity TENS device to date, the Perfect Mama+ comes complete with a contraction timer and log so you can track your progress throughout labour without having to worry about keeping a manual record.
The device offers 3 clinically-proven pre-set programmes and a boost button to provide additional pain relief during contractions, giving you ultimate control. Each of the electrode pads have been specially designed to be comfortable to lean on and reduce risk of accidental disconnection as you move between contractions.
Following the birth, the unique breast electrode pads can be used to help initiate lactation and facilitate the breastfeeding process in those early days.
Do not use TENS:
- If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem. TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck, this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
- If you have epilepsy. TENS may affect seizure threshold. You should consult your doctor prior to using this unit.
- During the first three months of pregnancy. It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
- On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy. Stop use immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
- When driving, operating machinery or similar actions needing fine control. Loose pads, damaged leads or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
- To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain. TENS may delay diagnosis or progressive condition.
- Observe caution when using the device at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads. It may interfere with the signals being monitored.
- Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit. If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
- Use caution following recent surgical procedures. Stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
Do not place electrode pads:
- On broken skin. The pads could encourage infection.
- On skin which does not have normal sensation. If the skin in numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
- On the front of the neck. Could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches.
- Across the front of the head. Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
- Near malignant tumours. In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
Do not ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads. If a skin irritation develops, stop using TENS and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available.
Do not immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
Do not attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
Do not mix old, new or different types of batteries.
Do not use this device with leads, electrodes and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification.
If in doubt consult your medical practitioner, midwife or obstetric physiotherapist.
Please note, that due to the nature of this product we are unable to accept returns.
Real reviews from beauty industry insiders
Shop the items you have recently viewed.